Religion News Service (RNS) has an immediate opening for a full-time Audience Development Manager to join our award-winning team in producing the world’s only nonprofit news site and syndication service devoted to unbiased, non-sectarian coverage of religion, spirituality and ideas.
The Audience Development Manager will work closely with technical, business and editorial staff to develop strategy, practices and digital products designed to drive audience growth, with a focus on email subscriptions. The Audience Development Manager reports to the Publisher/CEO.
The ideal candidate will be a data-driven content marketer with experience running an email program in a news environment and a passion for helping to build RNS into a thriving nonprofit news organization in the digital age.
- Email Marketing: Works with editorial staff in developing new email products; plans and executes email subscriber acquisition and retention strategies to meet list growth goals.
- Web Site to Email Conversion: Plan, execute and optimize all site conversion methods required to build new email subscriber relationships, including sign-up pages, pop-up boxes, special offers.
- Search Engine Optimization: Lead the research and contribute to the development of content strategy informed by analysis of search engine analytics. Work closely with the editorial team to advise in the development of content that draws and engages readers. Coordinate with technical staff to maintain the optimization of the site structure for SEO.
- Social Media Marketing: Own and drive RNS’ social media presence to build audience, brand awareness and reader engagement. Advise the editorial team on trends and best practices for leveraging social channels to grow readership, especially email subscribers.
- Onsite Recirculation and Social Sharing: Develop and execute strategies to improve on-site engagement metrics, including time-on-site, pages-per-session, shares-per-post.
- Paid Media: Plan and manage paid media campaigns for growth, including paid search and paid social media campaigns.
- Measurement and Learning: Draw actionable insights from data (web site analytics, social media performance, email campaign performance) to adjust strategy and improve practices across all audience development efforts. Share learnings and serve as internal champion and coach for mission-focused and data-driven growth.
- Degree, training or relevant experience in marketing, journalism, communications or interactive media, with strong skills in logic and analysis.
- One to three years of relevant digital marketing experience in at least two of the following channels: email, search engines, social media, or online advertising.
- Expert-level Excel or Google Spreadsheet skills, able to process and present analytical findings with clarity and accuracy
- Familiarity with commonly-used digital marketing tools including analytics (Google Analytics, Facebook Insights, Twitter Analytics), email service providers (such as Campaign Monitor or MailChimp), content management systems (WordPress), social media management (like Buffer or HootSuite), and online advertising (Google AdWords, DoubleClick for Publishers).
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Commitment to openness and accountability, including willingness to show, write about and discuss your work
Salary and Benefits:
Full-time, competitive salary and benefits, including medical, dental, vision and life insurance; generous paid vacation and paid sick time; retirement benefits. This is a remote position.
Please send a cover letter, resume, salary requirements, and three professional references to RNS.Search@gmail.com.